Haven’t seen one of these in awhile…
Filled the fuel tank to the tip top at Fred Meyers in Millwaukie, OR for $3.68 a gallon (that included our $0.10/pre gallon credit we had standing). Coach took almost exactly 60 gallons of fuel (in two fills).
A spendy fuel bill, but this tank will easily get us well into summer, including SOAK and this weekends campout at Nehalem Bay State Park.
Also beginning to think that the tank is not the advertised 100+gallons and more along the lines of a 75-80 gallon tank. Since I just had dropped the tank to do the cleaning service recently, I suspected <5 gallons remained in the tank. Then added 10 post cleaning and the 60 at the station. Strange, smaller than I expected.
Check back soon!
Been thinking about a paint scheme for The Ghost
Was linked to a few pictures of the coach as factory delivered. Stock:
Here’s a photo of one shortly after delivery (color change for following years):
I’m personally leaning more towards the first photo as I like the grey/white/navy-blue almost black color stripe. Simple, clean, easy to hide imperfections. Will have to fix the head-sign back so I can put cool messages up there. Also like to produce a nice emblem for the middle section instead of “Public Service”
It’s that time again.
The past week things have really picked up on The Ghost build project. More [fake] wood flooring, framing in additional seating, and working on the dining area have been high on the list. Also been making progress on the various air system leaks and ordering parts to fix up all of the non-critical but very annoying issues with the running gear.
Things off the list:
- Replaced left window wiper control after attempting repair. E-Bay score for cheap.
- Sealed around front wheel arches w/ urethane sealer.
- Removed last of old rubber flooring
- Skinned last of old interior paneling and removed all old insulation
- Insulated all walls behind dining area/seating areas/storage area (only kitchen walls, front right corner and curved roof parts remain to be insulated)
- Flooring completed up to front seating area (including cutout for fuel level sender access)
Currently in progress:
- Framing in front seating areas
- Building raised dining room floor & installing seating/table
- Finishing sealing & insulating on front curved corner (replace window)
- Install flooring on dining seating area
- Refueling fuel tank
- Repairing overdrive spring
- Re-tuning governor
Near term to-be-completed:
- Put edging on kitchen counters
- Build upper two drawers and prepare for shelving below (in kitchen area)
- Cap off line causing small leak in old automatic brake regulator valve.
- Replace air-bag leveling valve on left rear and front (if leaking)
- Replace drivers-side mirror with new one like on passenger side (heated school bus mirrors)
- Re-Gasket front windows
- Install heating units (forward, mid, and aft)
- Install hydronic heater & tank
Lots more I’m probably forgetting, but at least that gets you up to speed!
Most of this push is getting the coach nicely prepared for the WetWesties UnsuperBowl campout at Nehalem Bay State Park in Nehalem, OR. I’ve attended since 2007 and the past year brought The Ghost as a party/food/chill space for close friends and family.
Expect to see us there again!
Check back soon!
Come back and see us soon!