The Ghost, a 35ft 1955 General Motors model TDH-4512, started its life working hard on the East Coast as a Newark New Jersey city transit bus PSCT #K382. New evidence seems to indicate that it also served some time with the City of Vancouver transit system as a city bus. It eventually fell into the hands of many private owners. Somewhere in its past, a ‘band bus’ style conversion was performed and then the bus was put into storage deep in the PNW after being saved from the crusher, then abandoned.
After an eventful rescue, The Ghost is now an Oregon resident, undergoing well needed maintenance restoration, and retrofitting to be part RV, part party bus, part mobile event operations center. This conversion will, undoubtedly be ongoing so don’t miss the opportunity to catch a ride or pop your head in if you see it!
- Engine: Detroit 6-71 Inline 6-Cylinder Naturally Aspirated 2-stroke Diesel w/ 4-valve head, N65 Brown Injectors, Advanced Timing, and Jacob Brakes
- 6 into 1 Manifold w/ 5″ Exhaust w/ Walker 22917 Muffler (modified inlet position)
- Transmission: Allison VS2-8 V-Drive Automatic Transmission w/ Overdrive & Custom Override Solenoids
- Fuel System: 90 Gallon Fuel Tank w/ Primary and Secondary Fuel Filters, Fuel Pressure Gauge, and Electric Priming Pump
- Suspension: Air-Ride w/ Two Air Bags per Corner.
- Steering: Manual.
- Brakes: Air Brakes Upgraded to E3 Foot Valve and Maxi Rear Brakes (with Parking/Emergency Valve). Also Driveline Mounted Manual Parking Brake
- Air Compressor: Tru Flo 700
- Body: Mixture of Aluminium Skin and Steel Members Riveted w/ Unibody type Structure
- Backup Camera: Pyle PLCM36
- Climate Control: Closed Loop Liquid Heating System (Diesel Fired SouthBend Hydronic Heater) w/ Remote Heater Cores & A/C Via Two Coleman Mach I Roof-Top AC Units & Ventilation via Two Fantastic Fans w/ Rain Sensors
- Water: 125 Gallon Marine Fresh Water Tank w/ Pre Filter, Pressure Pump, Accumulator, and Drinking Water Tap w/ Filter. Hot Water via 10 Gallon Atwood DSI Propane Water Heater (with 120V Element)
- Chassis Electrical: 12V Negative Ground (converted from positive ground)
- House Electrical: 24V Negative Ground 320Ahr SLA w/ Magnum MSH4024M Hybrid Inverter Charger and Xantrex Battery Monitor
- Two 250W Solar Panels Roof Mounted w/ 20A 24 volt charge controller
- 24V to 12V Converter Modified for 13.8V output (Charges Chassis off House)
- Refrigeration: 12/24V Vitrifrigo Undercounter Unit w/ Remote Danfoss Compressor and Eco Controller
- Head: Sealand Toilet Traveler Lite 210 Tall w/ Custom 55Gal Stainless Blackwater Tank
- Queen Ikea Memory Foam Mattress on Custom Elevated Frame over Water Tank
- Interior Lighting: LED Converted Factory Glass Fixtures
- Black Water Tank: 55 Gallon Custom Built Stainless Steel w/ 10″ cleanout
- Grey Water Tank: 70 Gallon Aluminium Tank w/ Level Sender
- Daewoo Microwave Ceiling Mounted in Kitchen
- LED Turn/Brake Lighting on Front/Rear
- LED Side Marking Lighting to Current DOT Requirements
- Roof Platform for Stowage/Rooftop Dining
- Window Tinting All Sides Excluding Drivers Area