Here’s the current trip schedule for The Ghost Bus for the PDX/Black Rock City, NV route! It’s pretty hot and heavy but less of a push than last years. It should make it much easier on myself (as driver) and passengers enduring the warmth & lovely noise of The Ghost.
Thursday Aug 23rd, 2012:
- 0800hrs – All riders meet up at Das Bremhaus, situate any cars to be left behind, and arrange last minute carry-ons
- 0900hrs – Depart PDX from Das Bremhaus
- 1030hrs – Stop at Santiam River Rest Area – South Bound
- 1050hrs – Depart Rest Area
- Random Breaks/stops as needed + Lunch
- 1700hrs – Arrive Kalamath Falls Fred Meyers – Fuel Up
- 1745hrs – Depart Kalamath Falls Fred Meyers
- 1915hrs – Arrive Eagles Nest RV Park – Take on Water & Sleep
Friday Aug 24th, 2012:
- 1000hrs – Depart Eagles Nest RV Park
- 1100hrs – Arrive Alturas, CA – Gather Food/Supplies at General Store
- 1130hrs – Depart Alturas, CA
- 1140hrs – Climb over flippin huge Cedar Pass
- 1159hrs – Remove seat from buttocks and begin enjoyable decent into Cedarville
- 1220hrs – Pass through Cedarville – Add some fuel if needed due to extra weight
- Bake across desert – Lunch as able
- 1545hrs – Arrive Gerlach, NV – Bypass town unless anyone needs any last things
- 1630hrs – Arrive BRC Gate Road
- 1635hrs – Holy crap we made it.
Departure from Black Rock City will be fairly similar with departure likely slated for Wednesday early morning. I usually attempt to make a good run at getting up and over the Cedar Pass before the heat of the day really gets into full swing. That also makes for a very nice lunch stop at Alturas ice cream/burger place. Anyone who is interested in a return trip to PDX needs to clear it with Emily and myself BEFORE slated departure. If we’re transporting just your materials and not you, we need to know that as well (and get packed the night before).
Obviously plans can change due to vehicular issues, heat, exhaustion, emergencies, animals, mother nature, locusts, fire, and/or detours. The Ghost is NOT a fast way to arrive at BRC but if you are up for the adventure, welcome aboard. Ear protection recommended.